Thursday, October 16, 2008

Georgia Quilt Show



I took my first class at the Quilt Show today. I had to add the class this morning, and somehow, between registering last month, and this morning, I forgot about class fees. I thought I could just pay the supply fee and add the class to my schedule. Oops! So the class was over $100, but it was worth it. We started out with two plain 16 inch squares, did a whole bunch of sewing and cutting; like magic, 5 hours later, I had one finished 16 inch square (see the "flower power" picture). Okay, it probably took me 30 minutes to figure out how to manipulate the fabric, rulers and rotary cutter to make the original plain squares we started with. Feeling brave when I finished the one square, I purchased Kim Montagnese's "Sun" pattern so I can make something for one of the boys later.
I saw the beautiful cotton bathrobes, and I just had to have one. The raspberry sherbet color is fabulous, don't you think?

No comments: