Sunday, January 4, 2009

Sunday in January


Below is the wonderful picture I took of Aunt Katie and Grandpa Stockton (97 1/2). I hope I live a healthy 97+ years!

I made the label for Eron's quilt, but the quilt needs more quilting. I (and mom) am worried about the 30 year old batting not being able to hold up to washing. Yikes!

Today the Unitized Quilters (picture above) from Atlanta Unity met and discussed projects for this year. We usually meet on the first Sunday of the month. I really appreciate having this group in my life. Theoan (the red-head on the right) taught me how to use a rotary cutter and machine piece. I brought the Rail Fence quilt in to get help selecting the binding fabric. We decided the red would look the best. I'll get a shot of it once I complete it.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

God bless Grandpa Stockton! Nice and precious pictures. My mom just died a week before her 83rd birthday and both her sisters died at 82 years old. She still has a younger sister who is 76 years old, and I'm not pointing this fact out. But I did have a great grandmother that lived to be 92 years old. I believe most everyone else in my family goes young! Hopefully you will have a number of more years with Grandpa and enjoy him after 100! WOW!