Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Organization is Key




I purchased a Cozy Quilt's "Samurai Squares" kit from the Duluth store the day before it (the store) closed. When I expressed concern over being able to put the quilt together, Ann McLean said "You'll be fine." Little did I know that she would not be. I didn't know her well, but the few exchanges we had at the shop were meaningful. She always encouraged me to trust my instincts where quilting was concerned. A lot of people will miss her.

I started on the "Samurai Squares" tonight. I love it! I never would have been so bold as to choose the fabrics that came with the kit. I think that's the coolest thing about it; being surprised by all the beautiful fabric and then watching it come together! I am having a lot of fun. I think being organized is key. You can see by the photos that I am trying to keep things straight, but I am going out-of-town, so I had to post the "please leave alone" note you see in the first photo.

I am going "home" to Independence to visit a few days with my folks. Mom (Linda Brannock) is having a birthday next month, but I can't visit in October, so we'll get a few days this week instead.

No comments: